Monday, June 21, 2010

The most important thing

Sometimes in life we get caught up in petty things like arguments and conflicts that are anything but "big picture". I have learned recently that the most important thing in life is family. Your husband, your babies and siblings and parents. We found out recently that my sister has more tumors in her brain. Her symptoms seem to be worsening. I am planning to head to NY to spend time with her while my husband is deployed. My babies need their aunt as badly as I need my best friend. It is wierd to see how every person in my family is reacting differently to this whole situation. Some act like its all going to be okay. Some act like it will be the end. Some don't talk about it because if they do it may just be a real issue.

I called my brother today and asked him for the straight shoot, the true story. No sugar, no exaggerations. He told me and I didn't want to hear what he had to say. He also made a point to tell me to "cut out the bullshit with mom". He made a point to say it wasn't MY bullshit but in the end I need to be civil. Despite the fact that my mother and I have conflict, my sister lives with my mother and I will have to put on a show with her in order to make Amber feel better. She needs a strong family and THAT is the most important thing.

I also have learned that about my husband and children. Since I have had the girls I have been trying to control every aspect of their upbringing to avoid situations that occured during my life. In the mean time forgetting I have a husband who needs special attention too and a marraige. Marraige is a living breathing thing that takes work and patience. One day my kids will grow up and get married and move away. Then there will only be me and him. I can not let that be forgotten again. I love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment